Visit our website by clicking on our logo!

Thursday, June 26, 2008

Sherry Brown Wins 2nd Term as Tax Collector

6/26/08
Brown wins uncontested race and will serve another four years.
By Sid Riley
Friday, June 20 was the last day for qualification for becoming a candidate for an elected position in Jackson County. Since no individuals registered and qualified for the upcoming election as an opposition candidate to Sherry Brown, who has registered and qualified, she has won the position for another four year term.
"I would like to take this opportunity to thank the residents of Jackson County for the pleasure of serving their Tax Collector for the past four years, and appreciate the opportunity to serve another four years. I have always stated that nothing takes the place of experience. I added up the years of experience among our current staff in our offices and it totals to one hundred ninety seven years," Brown stated.
"Our goal has always been to serve the public in a professional, friendly and knowledgeable manner. If there is a problem we will find an answer. This is your office and I have an open door policy and will never change. We are open for any suggestions that you might have. In the past years I have seen this office go from pen and pencil to computers and the high technology that is today, " she affirmed.
Brown is proud of the fact that the department has kept up to date with all the changes in all three state offices she must coordinate with. Florida Statutes are changing almost daily with the state agencies they work with; Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles, Department of Revenue, Game and Fresh Water Fish Commission and Drivers Licenses. With all these state agencies along with the laws constantly changing, remaining informed and current is essential.
"I am the Tax Collector for all Jackson County, not just Marianna. With our present economic status, our branch offices in Graceville and Sneads are more vital that ever saving resident’s time and money. We also pull in revenue from the surrounding counties which helps our county.
I would like to thank my husband of 40 years, Wayne Brown, my son Michael, his wife Anitra and my beautiful granddaughter Madison for their continued support for my dedication to the county and the job I love. I would also like to say thank you to my staff for the wonderful job they have done. I also want to thank the citizens of Jackson County for the continuing faith they are demonstrating in our department," she concludes.

No comments: