Visit our website by clicking on our logo!

Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Letter to the Editor 7/10/08

June 26, 2008
Congressman Allen Boyd
1227 Longworth House Office Building
Washington, DC 20515
Dear Allen:
Today the stock market went down another 358 points and the price of oil went up over $5.00 to almost $140.00 a barrel. Did these events affect you? No!!! Well they did me. I am in pain!! I need your help.
When the democrats took over the house and senate all of you promised change. The current presidential nominee for the democrat party also promises change. Is this kind of change you had in mind? I am sick and tired of this "do nothing" Congress controlled by politicians like you who sit on your backsides, issue pontifications denouncing more drilling for oil and do nothing to help the poor people on a fixed income to just exist. Where is the better life you democrats keep promising us?
I hope you will come to Jackson County Florida on your next recess so I can personally confront you with these questions. Allen, you talk a good game, but I see no action from you and the other Blue Dog democrats to make my life any better. $4.00 a gallon gas is not what I call acceptable change!!
Your recent statement that drilling in the Gulf will do nothing to help for 10 years, is kind of crazy talk in my opinion. Where do you think we will be 10 years from now if we don’t start today? Where do you think we would be today if Clinton had not vetoed the energy bill passed by Congress 10 years ago? I am disgusted, like over 80% of all Americans, that you and the other leaders in Congress can’t work toward finding solutions to our problems rather than just taking your monthly paychecks and simply issuing statements.
I expect action!! You can believe voters in this district will hold you accountable in November.
Very respectfully, Jim Hart Bascom, Florida
Editors Note: This letter to Congressman Boyd was published at the request of the writer.

No comments: