The Kevin Wright Memorial Scholarship is designed to assist graduating seniors who attend Sneads High School or Jackson Alternative School and who are planning to further their academic career.
It is the goal of Kevin’s family, as the scholarship providers, to keep his love for children, Sneads High School, and Jackson Alternative School alive. We plan to honor Kevin’s memory through continued acts of kindness while providing others with an opportunity to gain higher education.
All Kevin Wright Memorial Scholarship Applicants Shall Meet the Following Criteria:
1) “C” average or above: student must include a signed and sealed high school transcript which demonstrates the student has an un-weighted grade point average of at least a 2.0.
2) Essay: Student must include a 300-500 word essay on “How will this scholarship assist with my educational and career plans.” The essay shall include information about you, your educational/career plans and any extenuating circumstances to be considered by the scholarship committee.
3) Demonstration of Financial Need: Applicant shall demonstrate financial need and explain why they need assistance to attend college. This may be done with a personal letter explaining current financial situation, tax documents, free/reduced lunch status, etc.
4) Letter of Recommendation: Student shall include a minimum of two letters of recommendation from school personnel and or community leaders.
Awarded Funds Guidelines:
1) Funds amounts should be determined each year by the scholarship providers.
2) Funds shall be used at an accredited college, state university, or junior college.
3) Funds shall be used for student fees including, but not limited to, tuition, fees, and books.
4) Scholarship recipients shall furnish receipts to the scholarship providers, upon request, validating proper use of funds.
1) Obtain an application from the high school guidance department.
2) Complete the application and include all requested information. Incomplete applications, applications that do not include the requested documents and information, and applications not received by the submittal deadline will not be considered for award.
3) Return the application to the high school guidance department. All applications shall be reviewed, awarded and presented by the scholarship providers.
4) Deadline for submitting is April 9, 2010. If application requirements are not met, the application will be deemed incomplete and will not be considered for the award.
THIS MEMORIAL SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM WAS DEVELOPED TO HONOR KEVIN WRIGHT, OUR BELOVED SON, AND MADELINE’S PRECIOUS DADDY, WHOSE BIG SMILE, KIND HEART, LAUGH AND HUMOR TOUCHED MANY LIVES. THIS PROGRAM IS DESIGNED TO ASSIST THOSE STUDENTS WHO ARE DETERMINED AND NEED ASSISTANCE IN FURTHERING THEIR EDUCATIONAL GOALS. KEVIN WAS A WONDERFUL SON AND DADDY, WITH SUCH A BIG HEART, WHO DEARLY LOVED GOD, HIS PRECIOUS DAUGHTER, FAMILY, AND FRIENDS. HE HELD A SPECIAL PLACE IN HIS HEART FOR CHILDREN. HE WAS LOYAL, KIND, AND A TRUE FRIEND TO ALL WHO KNEW HIM. HE NEVER MET A STRANGER. OUR HOPE IS TO SHARE HIS DETERMINATION, AND HIS OPTIMISM, THAT ANY CHILD CAN ACHIEVE ANYTHING THEY DESIRE, WHILE HELPING OTHERS ACHIEVE THEIR PERSONAL GOALS.
BEST WISHES AND LOVE,
The Family and Daughter of Kevin Wright
For further information, please contact Mindy Howell at 482-9004 ext 245.