Visit our website by clicking on our logo!

Friday, June 26, 2009

Annie Bridges to Retire from BCF

There were twenty-two years of changes and scores of memories recalled by Mrs. Annie Lois Bridges who will be retiring from The Baptist College of Florida (BCF) in Graceville at the end of June. According to BCF Vice President for Development, Mr. Charles Parker, there has never been a more committed and dedicated Administrative Assistant than Bridges. "She has never been too busy or too tired to greet everyone with a smile and a willingness to answer whatever questions they had. She will be sorely missed," stated Parker.
During her years of service at BCF, Bridges reminisced about the three name changes – Baptist Bible Institute (BBI), Florida Baptist Theological College (FBTC), and The Baptist College of Florida (BCF) and working in three different areas on campus - the Library, Admissions, and Development.
"I have seen presidents, faculty, staff, and students come and go," stated Bridges. "Along the way I have gained many friends, learned lots of lessons, and even acquired a little knowledge through classes at BCF. The students seem to have changed into younger people or maybe it’s me just growing older, maybe a little bit of both. I’ve seen buildings go up and buildings come down. Through all of these changes, BCF remains strong, a pillar of the community, and committed to its motto of "Changing the World Through the Unchanging Word®."
Not only did Bridges see the college through many changes and expansions, but she also experienced a few changes in her own personal life. According to Bridges, she became a grandmother of three "beautiful children, and that’s a wonderful change." Bridges indicated that the biggest change came when she moved into a larger house, her first move in forty years, leaving the state of Florida to live in Alabama. "If the Lord continues to give me good health," said Bridges, "I now have room for all of my sewing and quilting that I love to do."
"I will always cherish the memories of the years I had at BCF and the family I have grown to love," stated Bridges. "It has truly changed my life."

No comments: