More Travelers Lightening Their Load by Shipping Luggage at the UPS Store
With many airlines raising fees for checked bags and limiting carry-ons, travelers are looking at alternatives for a more convenient, cost-effective way to get their luggage to its destination. The UPS Store® located at 4415-C Constitution Lane, Marianna, Florida, is helping to ease travelers’ burdens by shipping their luggage ahead.
In addition, The UPS Store has certified packing experts who specialize in packing odd, oversized items, such as skis, golf clubs and fishing poles - items travelers would prefer to have waiting at their destination rather than lugging them around an airport.
“Travelers can potentially save time and money by shipping their luggage at The UPS Store, which also lessens the hassle of dealing with luggage at the airport,” said Judy Williams, The UPS Store franchisee/owner.
One of the many frustrations that travelers deal with is lost or misplaced luggage. The UPS Store offers a variety of shipping options that allow travelers to track their luggage to its final destination, such as UPS Next Day Air®, UPS 2nd Day Air®, UPS 3 Day SelectSM, and UPS Ground.
Williams suggests the following tips when shipping luggage:
● A new option is to forego the suitcase and place items directly in a luggage box. This can minimize the chances of having to pay oversize or overweight charges. Take advantage of our return shipment service and our luggage shipping convenience pack which includes packaging tape, box cutter, plastic bags and a return label pouch so you can use the luggage box on your return trip.
● Our luggage boxes come in two convenient sizes: 22” x 14” x 9” with a 55 lb. max weight capacity, and 26” x 16” x 12” with an 85 lb. max weight capacity. In fact, these sturdy, heavy-duty cardboard luggage boxes can be used over and over, and they make great storage containers when you’re not traveling.
● If using your own luggage, put it in a box. Doing this will help protect the luggage as well as provide a suitable surface for the shipping label. It will also help avoid additional handling charges.
● Put an additional address label inside the luggage or package in case the outside label is damaged or lost.
● By using a shipping option like UPS, you can track your luggage all the way to its destination via cell phones, PDAs or other web-enabled wireless devices.
● Visit www.theupsstore.com to use the online cost calculator to research the best rate and most economical shipping option. Planning ahead allows you to choose a less expensive shipping option like UPS Ground.
● Because of the duties and taxes associated with international shipments, The UPS Store does not recommend shipping luggage internationally.
● Due to restrictions, The UPS Store cannot ship hazardous materials, including: colognes and perfumes, aerosol sprays, nail polish, and cigarette lighters via air.
“Since airlines started charging checked baggage fees, we have seen an increase in travelers shipping their luggage ahead,” said Williams. “So, if travelers have any questions or concerns, they should give us a call at 850-526-4877. We’re here to help make their travels as worry-free as possible.”
In addition to domestic and international shipping, The UPS Store offers full-service packaging; digital and online printing; black-and-white and color copies; document creation, finishing (comb, coil, and perfect binding, laminating, etc.); printing services (business cards, letterhead, rubber stamps, etc.); greeting cards; name badges; fax; notary; custom crating and shipping for large items (furniture, artwork, motorcycles, etc.); mailbox and postal services; packaging supplies; and much, much more.
The store is open Monday through Friday from 7:30 am to 6:00 pm, open Saturday from 9:00 am to 2:30 pm, and closed on Sunday. Come by anytime to discover the many ways we can help make your life less stressful, and remember there’s no extra charge for the warm greeting and friendly smile from our staff. We are here to provide “world-class customer service” every time you stop in.