Visit our website by clicking on our logo!

Saturday, March 29, 2008

McDaniel announces Candidacy for Legislature


Marianna - Jackson County Sheriff John "Johnny Mac" McDaniel has officially announced his candidacy for the District Five seat in the Florida House of Representatives.


The sheriff is stepping down from his current position after 28 years as Sheriff of Jackson County, one of the longest terms in the history of the office.


"I feel that I can do more to serve the people of North Florida as their State Representative than as Sheriff of Jackson County," McDaniel said. "I still have some things I want to accomplish, some unfinished business. I want to get some things done for the people by working on their behalf in Tallahassee before I retire."


McDaniel has been preparing for his campaign for several months, but Thursday's announcement makes it official. He will run as a Democrat for the seat that has been held by Republican Rep. Don Brown. Mr. Brown is not running again due to term limits.


The district includes North Jackson, Washington, Holmes, North Walton and most of Okaloosa Counties.

No comments: